Saturday 21 July 2012

Under the Land of the Nether...

asping for air and following a path, leading straight to an uncomfortable and permanent situation was where I left off. Yes, I believe that's right. To be honest some of the things that happened were too strange to remember as a realistic memory. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't just dream this... Or was it a nightmare... I don't really remember. Oh well, let us get back to the story.

So, there I was, sinking into the sticky, tarry mud with only a last breath to take and no one in sight to help. So I was doing the only thing I could: sinking and thinking. And since I am a bit of a nut job myself I decided that my last thoughts would be regarding the question: What is the chance of a coo-coo bird to exist in a fourth dimension, meaning that it would be composed of mostly dark particles if we are to follow the mechanics of String Theory, and if these were high, then what were the odds of it colliding with a three-dimensional coo-coo bird and thus creating millions of big bangs in front of me? What can I say, this is something that I would like to see before I pass on. And since I was in this peculiar place I thought that this may actually happen. But, fortunately or not, it didn't. I did not go to the land of the un-dead either, even though that was the first thought that ran through my head.


The sludge covered my face and at that point I decided to see whether a final push wouldn't allow me to, some how, push through the swamp towards something more solid. I don't really know why I didn't try that earlier. I couldn't push towards a ridge, because humans aren't very well equipped to push... Through air. once I wiggled my arms and legs, followed by my hands and feet I realized that I was hanging in mid-air by my throat, soon to be just my eye-brows. To be honest the surprise hit me after a few days. At the time of my free-fall to an earthy landing I was just happy that I could still have the chance to see the coo-coo bird thi... I was just happy to be alive.


I hit my back side pretty badly, but nothing was broken. Fortunately, my tourist pan broke my fall and became the perfect pan-cake pan. What can I say, I liked to nibble on things. When I looked around I did not see that much. It was dark. I reached for my flash light, which worked for about two seconds. Nevertheless, it was just enough to see that I was in a tunnel and by the time my eyes had adjusted I could even notice a light glimmer at its presumed end. I quickly skadadled to towards it. Along the way I noticed that I was making a fluffy noise, like I was running on a Persian rug. I stopped, took a moment to see if I am not sinking again and with a sense of relief I started walking towards the light again. at the end I saw a candle, a hat, a beard and a blindingly bright, golden smile. 'Who are you?', I asked with a squeaky, startled voice. But the answer of this question is for the next entry, because apparently I have some jam smudges in my diary and I have to li... clean them off.


P.S. You are probably wondering 'how come no photos this time'. Well, apparently, sinking to your death and darkness doesn't really help the flash-less camera. Sorry about that, but I promise I will have more next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment